Introduction to the Game
Set in the beautiful and intriguing forest of Wishwood, this is a game full of magic, fun and exploration. Among the many woodland creatures is Poa, an excitable sprite with a tendency for adventure. You can climb the towering trees with every spin, and reaching their canopies can only mean one thing: a plethora of gold-plated prizes!
With gorgeous symbols including butterflies, squirrels, owls and golden acorns, Wishwood promises a real adventure for all players. The base game includes a variety of bonus scenes and rounds in addition to randomly-triggered extras and the lucrative Bonus Climb – but more on that later.
You remember those quirky scenes from Shrek, with all the fairytale creatures in one place? Wishwood is sort of like that: crazy, fun and full of cute characters!
Wishwood is a magical wonderland beneath the trees. For anyone with a sense of adventure who enjoys magic, nature, or a wacky protagonist running like crazy through the forest, this is the game for you.
Gameplay and Layout
The symbols in Wishwood include all sorts of whimsical forest animals, like squirrels, owls, butterflies and even Poa’s ultra-cute little helmet hat! It’s a 5-reel, 20-payline game with the same number of symbols.
As you’d expect, the reels are set deep inside a mysterious forest, with colourful flowers and bushes, overhanging branches and bright purple mushrooms! The reels glow and wobble when winning combinations are made, creating the illusion of real, ancient magic. It’s quite a simple game, but brilliantly executed in terms of graphics and game mechanics.
This is where Wishwood really stands out from the crowd – there are loads of cracking bonus features. The simplest one is the wild symbol – if you get 5 across a single payline, it returns 500x your stake. Otherwise it replaces any other symbol on the reels to create a win, making it a powerful symbol in any case.
There are also 3 wisps which are randomly triggered during the base game, each of which comes with a bonus round:
- Wispy Wilds – Up to 4 new wilds appear randomly on the reels, likely creating new wins.
- Magic Multipliers – Either 3 or 4 multipliers (value 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x or 10x) will appear on the reels, amplifying your wins considerably.
- Bonus Climb – This is the big one, so let’s discuss it in a bit of detail…
The Bonus Climb
When we spin the bonus wheel, our little protagonist Poa gets to climb the tree: the higher she climbs, the more lucrative the reward! Depending on the spin, you’ll get access to one of three bonuses:
- Amber Wilds Bonus – 7 free spins, with any wilds which don’t form a win remaining on the reels until they do!
- Enchanted Wilds Bonus – Free spins with possible accumulators. You can earn up to 25 spins in total!
- Top of the Tree Bonus – 8 free spins, with a nominated “special symbol”. That symbol regularly expands to fill the reels, enabling the game’s highest payouts.
From the cute little sprite Poa, to the clever bonuses and huge payouts, Wishwood is a game which ticks every box and delivers way above expectation. A highly volatile slot, you could go 20-30 spins with virtually no gain, before suddenly striking gold. A game for the real risk-takers among us!