How to Play
The game is based on the popular tale of Jack: The boy who sells the family cow for some magic beans which he plants. These beans grow into a giant beanstalk which Jack climbs, encountering an evil giant while capturing riches that improve his family’s fortune forever. The game includes a Walking Wilds feature and a free spins bonus round with a Treasure Collection feature that will have you collecting keys for extra ways to win.
Jack and the Beanstalk is a 5 reel, 3 row, 20 payline video slots game with a fixed jackpot: It has a coin range of $0.20 to $100 per spin, making it suitable for a wide variety of players, from penny slots players to high rollers. The game has a cartoon style with graphics and symbols that tell the story that is so well known. The symbols include:
- Jack – the highest paying symbol
- A two-headed giant
- A goat
- An Axe
- A watering can
- High-value playing cards – 10, J, Q, K, A – designed to look like beanstalks
- Scatter symbol – the treasure chest. It is the key to triggering the free spins bonus round.
- Bonus symbol – the key. It appears only on reel 5 in the free spins bonus round and is responsible for unlocking the Treasure Collection wild symbol. The keys are collected during the free spins round, unlocking additional bonus features as they are collected.
- Wild symbol – the Jack and the Beanstalk game logo. It substitutes for all other symbols, except the treasure chest scatter symbol and the key bonus symbol, to complete a winning combination. It is a walking symbol that triggers the Walking Wild bonus feature with its re-spins.
Graphics and Sounds
The graphics of the Jack and the Beanstalk online slots game fit well with the fairy tale theme, with cartoon style drawing both in the background and for the symbols on the reels. The game is set just outside the cottage where Jack and his mother live and where Jack planted the magic beans. Below the reels is a cobbled lane and the axe that Jack ultimately used to chop down the beanstalk and kill the giant; the cottage is on one side of the reels and a big old tree stands on the other side, and beautiful blue sky with clouds can be seen above the reels. The reels are surrounded by a simple wooden frame with each symbol in its own block on the reels. The symbols will be familiar to anyone who knows the storyline and even the high-value playing card symbols, which are the lowest paying symbols, fit with the theme with their beanstalk design. The game starts with a movie clip of the castle in the clouds before moving down to the scene outside the cottage.
Jack and the Beanstalk is a non-progressive video slot game with a fixed jackpot. There is a maximum fixed jackpot of 1,000 coins which is awarded when five symbols of Jack land on an active payline. It is a medium variance game in that there are winning opportunities that come round relatively often.
There are many bonus features that all add to the theme of this game. These include the Walking Wild feature and a free spins bonus round that includes a Treasure Collection feature.
- Walking Wild – Each time the Jack and the Beanstalk wild symbol lands on the reels it will award one free re-spin and become a walking wild. This means that the wild symbol will move one position to the left for the re-spin. If the re-spin results in a winning payout, another free re-spin will be awarded, and the wild symbol will move one more position to the left. The feature continues until the wild symbol leaves the reels. It is possible that additional walking wild symbols will land on the reels during this feature, allowing it to continue for longer. Wins with Walking Wilds payout with a 3X multiplier value. The Walking Wild feature can be activated during the free spins bonus round as well, in which case the free spins will pause until the Walking Wild feature has completed playing.
- Free Spins – The free spins bonus round will be activated when three or more treasure chest scatter symbols land anywhere on the reels. Players will be awarded ten first free spins, with another five free spins available (for a total of 15) if three more treasure chest scatter symbols land on the reels during the feature. All free spins that payout for a win by using a wild symbol will multiply the win by 3x.
- Treasure Collection Feature – The Treasure Collection feature is active during the free spins bonus round. Key symbols will land on reel 5 during the feature, and these must be collected to unlock additional features, with the number of keys indicating the feature you will be awarded. The function is based on the three items that Jack steals from the giant when he climbs the beanstalk into the land of the clouds – the bags of money, the golden hen and the golden harp. Players can be awarded the following features:
- Collecting 3 key symbols – will turn the next wild symbol to land into a stack of two money bags
- Receiving 6 key symbols – will become the next wild symbol to land into a complete stack of three golden hens.
- Collecting 9 key symbols – will turn the next wild symbol to land into an expanding wild with a golden harp that shifts to award bigger wins. The stack or expanding wilds will move one position to the left on each subsequent free spin, which creates more significant winning opportunities until it reaches the leftmost reel, which is reel 1.
Try More Great Slots!