Kronos Unleashed is a fun game, though a little bit hard to follow when you first get started. The sheer number of in-game bonuses is staggering, and that’s before we even get to the free spins bonus round!
If you’re in the mood for some excitement, and some unusual reel design, then Kronos Unleashed might be the slot for you. Hot off the SG Gaming press!
Kronos was the titan who overthrew the Greek gods and nearly destroyed the world – this slot embodies the bloody, fiery, powerful, angry emotions of that time!
Gameplay Overview & Symbols
Kronos Unleashed follows an unusual reel layout compared to most slots, with a pile of 40 symbols arranged in a 5×8 grid. Not only that, but if you activate certain in-game bonuses, more and more symbols will be added to the reels, creating bigger and bigger payouts!
Since there are so many features, let’s give you a quick overview of how they work.
- Lightning Respin Bonus – Land a Kronos symbol fully on reel 1 to activate. Reel 1 stays filled with Kronos and you get a run of 3 respins, with all wins accumulated. You can land additional Kronos and Power Up symbols which will also stick in place during the respins
So, what are these Power Up symbols? Here we go!
- X – The active Kronos symbol will transform all symbols adjacent to it for a spin.
- Lightning – You get a spin of the jackpot reel! There are 5 possible jackpots to win, the biggest of which is worth 50,000x your stake.
- Arrow – Adds an entire new row of symbols to the bottom of reels!
- Plus – All Kronos symbol-based wins are now worth extra cash!
There’s all sorts of fire and noise and lightning, but fundamentally it’s a fun, relatively simple game. For the first few dozen spins, you’ll probably have no idea what’s going on, but soon it will all start to make sense!
That’s right, that impressive array of base-game features isn’t where the fun stops – there’s still a dedicated bonus round to play, if you’re lucky enough to land 3+ scatters and unlock it! The number of free spins allocated is dictated by the on-screen symbols during your winning spin; if you land 5 scatters, you could earn up to a staggering 75 spins!
Once you start playing, it’s just like any free spins round: sit back, relax, and watch the cash roll in! The Lightning Respins bonus is still active during the free spins round, and it can be deadly. If you get the perfect run, the Kronos jackpot is worth 50,000x your stake – can you even imagine that payout?!
It’s a pretty fun game. The format is not completely original, but it is still little-used by other developers. There are so many in-game bonuses that it’s genuinely hard to keep track at first, but within 5-10 minutes it all makes sense.
What players should really be aiming for is the free spins round – you’ll probably get 15-20 of them at least, and we’d be stunned if you didn’t earn a significant return!