Transport yourself to the bright, snowy paradise of the Scandinavian wild lands. Set in a forest of evergreens drenched in fresh powder, Wild North is the kind of game that can give you shivers just thinking about it!
The game is designed by Play ‘N Go, and features fairly lovely graphics and simple, understated artwork. Not every slot is meant to be bells-and-whistles, and there’s certainly an air of competence around the game. The buttons all appear covered in frost, which is a great, subtle touch.
So, are you ready to venture into the Wild North and risk your life with the company of brown bears, wolves and the all-seeing owls? Good luck!
The highest-value symbols are all of the beautifully-painted animals native to the cold North, including wolves, owls, bears, reindeer and even a lynx! One subtle and impressive feature is that the background slowly varies, introducing the emerald northern lights at night.
Whenever you land 3 of the Northern Lights symbols at any one time, you open up the bonus feature which contains seven different rounds! The exact round is chosen at random, but the options are:
- The Great Wilderness – 3 free spins while reels 2-5 fill are filled with 4×4 mega symbols!
- Wild Lynx – 3 free spins, with reels 1-2 completely filled with lynxes!
- Running Reindeer – 1 free spin, with the reindeer symbol stacked on reels 2-4. Respin possible.
- Savage Bear – 1 free spins with a multiplier worth between 5x and 30x.
- Wolf Pack – 1 free spins and a 2×2 wolf symbol, where any new wolf symbols will result in a respin!
- Eyes of the Owl – Like the Wolf Pack, but with two 2×2 symbols instead of one.
- Wild North Explorer – A unique mini game where the reels are replaced by a 20-tile grid. Smash through the tiles to reveal cash prizes and access to the above bonus rounds.
Clearly, there’s a lot going on in the Wild North. However, it’s a very simple slot to play and offers a great RTP and potential jackpot to players. You can even try it out here:
Where to Play
You can try the live demo of the game here: