The world’s loudest rock band is back in town! If you aren’t familiar with this spoof group out of the UK, then you’re about to be. Spinal Tap is the eponymous slot of the faux rock band of the 1980’s, and as funny as their songs were then, so the slot is today! From the catchy music to ROCK MODE (which is lucrative) there’s a whole lot to enjoy about this slot. Interested?
As if you couldn’t tell from the title, this slot is all about those clever musicians from a few years ago, and their witty songs. ROCK ON!
Gameplay Overview & Symbols
The game opens with an electrifying animation, before transitioning into an equally loud, electric, and wildly pink-purple slot! The “spin” button is an amplifier knob which, when you activate the rock mode, is ramped right up to eleven! (If you aren’t a fan of Spinal Tap, you might not recognise this ode to one of their most celebrated sketches, but the rest of us appreciate it!)
During rock mode (which is randomly activated), the layout expand from 5 reels to 7, and suddenly there are 2,187 ways to win! As if that’s not enough, you are also awarded one of the following bonuses as the round plays out:
- Heavy Duty Wilds – Whole reels can turn wild, with multipliers thrown in for good measure.
- Wild Sparks – A selection of symbols will be transformed into wilds, enhancing wins.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Spins – This is what’s known as a “streak” respin: as long as a selected symbol keeps landing on the reels, the respins keep coming!
- Bonus Odyssey – Extra bonus symbols are added to each reel, boosting you chances of winning one of the feature rounds.
Each member of the band appears on the reels, and if you play your cards right, you can win a legendary amount of prize money!
Of course, while those in-game features are pretty good, they’re not a patch on the free spins round! The vinyl is back with its range of bonuses, but now they’re better than before! Players can choose between:
- Double Platinum Bonus – Spin a wheel to earn multipliers or trigger extra bonuses.
- Don’t Fret It Bonus – Select boxes and win prizes.
- Record Deal Bonus – Another pick-and-win round, similar to the famous game Deal or No Deal!
- Stairway to Hell Free Spins – 11 free spins! Not only that, there’s a “special wild”, the ability to expand the game to 7 reels, and up to an 11x multiplier! Every time the amplifier symbol lands, you are awarded another free spin.
- Encore Free Spins – 11 free spins where any wilds are added to the “encore” bank. On the final spin, all wilds are thrown back on to the 7-reel layout and enormous payouts will usually ensue!
- Stonehenge Free Spins – 11 free spins on the 2,187 ways to win design, with wild “zones” where wilds will remain for the duration of the round. If all of the spaces are filled with wilds, the spins counter jumps back up to 11!
- The World Tour Bonus – The world tour travels through Europe, America and Japan. Players spin the wheel and move along the trail, winning prizes as they go. The goal is to finish the trip and hit the Big Money Bonus: select a band member, and their associated multiplier of 2-10x!
The harsh truth is that unless you’re already a fan of Spinal Tap the band, you’re probably not going to love the slot. It’s pretty fun and enjoyable, but the mechanics could be better and you can overlook its flaws as a real fan.
However, for any audience the bonuses are good and can pay out exceedingly generously, so it might be worth a go either way!