Top Paying Slots and Jackpots
When choosing which online slot to play, the most important point to consider is whether you prefer to play high- or low-volatility games. You can expect a low- to the medium-volatility slot to have a payout percentage of around 95% or higher.
Progressive jackpot slots are high-volatility games which offer a payout percentage in the region of 87%. This lower payout rate means that there are fewer wins and so your average return is not likely to be as good, but this is offset by the fact that progressive slots offer the potential for truly enormous jackpots, very often in the millions of dollars.
Ultimately, the sort of game that you choose to play depends on your approach to playing—would you prefer a higher average return, or would you rather fewer wins for the chance of a life-changing jackpot. Whatever sort of game you decide to play, this page will guide you in finding the right sort of online slot to suit your particular playing style.
Slots with the Best Payouts Percentage
It’s best to check the return to player (or, RTP) of any slot you plan to play – that means, the frequency of which the slot pays out wins to players. A good payout percentage will be anywhere above 85% RTP, while some slots go up to 97%. Here’s a list of the slots with the best RTP around:
- Thunderstruck II – payout percentage – 96.65% -a 5-reel 243 ways to win Microgaming slot. The biggest jackpot available is $121,500 during the Wildstorm bonus feature or $5,000 during base play.
- Mermaid’s Millions – payout percentage – 96.6%– a maximum payout of $112,500 during the 10x free spin feature, or $37,500 during base play. This 5-reel, 15 payline slot from Microgaming.
- Tomb Raider – payout percentage – 96.6%– a Microgaming 5-reel, 15 payline game. There is maximum win of $56,250 available during the 10x free spin feature and the biggest payout of $18,750 in base play
- Bust The Bank – payout percentage – 97% – a 5 reel, 243 payways slot by Microgaming. You can win up to 6 bonus prizes in the Robber bonus feature, or up to 60 coins through the regular game.
- Magnificent 777s – payout percentage – 97% – a 3 reel slot by Microgaming with an old fashioned 1 payline. You can win up to 60,000 coins in the Golden Badge bonus feature and up to 200x your bet through the base game.
If you’re looking for a sure thing when it comes to jackpots, then progressive slots might not be your best bet. Instead, look for a high-volatility slot that gives steady, regular payouts – even if those payouts might be smaller. Progressive slots offer a lower payout percentage and fewer wins because a fraction of each losing spin goes into the pooled jackpot.
- Mega Moolah by Microgaming has paid out over CAD$28.87 million since its launch in January 2012. It has four levels of the progressive jackpot, the largest of which is worth a minimum of USD$1 million. The average length of time between jackpot wins is 29 days, and on average these are worth $2.63 million.
- Major Millions also has an impressive track record of amazing jackpot wins, including one of over CAD$1.7 million in February 2012 and another over CAD$1.8 million in May 2012. The average size of the jackpot is $456,000 and this is won roughly every 32 days, it can be found at Microgaming casinos such as Spin Palace and Royal Vegas
- Iron Man 2 is a part of the Playtech Marvel Multi-level Progressive Jackpot Network, which offers four randomly triggered jackpots. The largest of these, Ultimate Power, is won on average every 4 days and is worth in the region of $775,000. To date, the largest jackpot win has been CAD$1.4 million.
- Cash Splash progressive jackpot is triggered very frequently – on average, every 2 days. Powered by Microgaming and online since December 2009, this 15-line slot looks pretty standard – but has an average win of a whopping $25,719. Wager minimum $3 to be eligible to win the progressive jackpot.
- Mega Moolah Isis – attached to the same progressive jackpot as the wildly successful Mega Moolah series – this pays out an average of a cool $5 million. Jackpots are won typically every 30 days and for large sums. It can be found at every Microgaming-powered casino.
- Mermaid’s Millions – might be more of an old-school slot, but is very volatile, paying out on average every 1-2 months. When it pays out, it pays out well – the average win for this Microgaming slot is 7500 coins.
You can choose one of two routes when selecting an online slot to play: either low- to medium-volatility games with higher payout percentages and smaller, albeit still significant, wins; or high volatility progressive jackpot games that offer wins on an enormous scale, but with a lower payout percentage rate, and therefore fewer winning spins.
Your choice will depend on the way you want to play, but it’s important to undertake some research before you begin so that you’re making a conscious and well-informed decision.